A distinctive feature of the Master of Medical Physics at the Javeriana University, is the structuring of the curriculum including mandatory core that provides comprehensive clinical training in medical physics and some electives (in imaging, physiology and numerical methods applied to medical physics ) that students can follow their own interests as allowing greater flexibility in deepening the areas of own study program.
The process of integration of knowledge and the need for optimization and safe use of technology in medicine, gave rise to a new profession, the Clinical Medical Physicist, which is regulated in many countries with education requirements and clearly established training.
The Another hallmark of the program is the organization of academic activities in sessions, which aims to provide the opportunity for this training to professionals currently linked through their work at hospitals and clinics throughout the country and all stakeholders who live outside Bogota.
Students fulfill their classroom activities at the university in working sessions of up to 20 hours every two weeks (excluding hospital practices), with the possibility of non-contact activities from their regions.Hands-on activities will be conducted in radiotherapy services and radiology and diagnostic imaging at the University Hospital San Ignacio, with the availability of technology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Radiation Physics
- Production, detection and radiation
- Radiological anatomy and physiology
- Bioethics Seminar I
- Radiation Protection Dosimetry
- Clinical Elective Seminar II
- Hospital practice job grade II
- Physiological Physics of Medical Imaging Technology Management Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Registration form duly completed.
- Payment of registration fees.
- Accredit undergraduate degree in physics, degree in physics, engineering or basic sciences.
- Present in person admission test where four areas of knowledge to a professional level physics in Colombia will be assessed: mechanical , heat waves , electromagnetism and modern physics . Each area will have ten questions for a total of forty, which will have to be answered in three hours.
- Approving English proficiency exam or the TOEFL or similar test certificate.
- Present in person test reading comprehension of a scientific article.
- Present in person for an interview.
International19982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9991 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National19982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9991 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.