There is a growing demand in India and abroad for trained post graduates in the field of clinical nutrition and food science for positions in the health care centers, local government, food industries and research and development. Countries all over the world recognize the important role nutrition in improving health and preventing disease and have prioritized nutrition and diet within their national health plans.
- Through the course of the Clinical Nutrition and Food Science program from Amrita University, the students are expected to design a mini project and dissertation of their own, which will open up a wide range of platforms to work in.
- We render encouragement to publish and present their papers on renowned platforms.
Why this Program?
- First college in the State to start the program in a teaching hospital which enables the students to have clinical exposure during the time of education.
- There is a growing need for suitable qualified Clinical Nutritionists and this program provides training in evidence based nutritional practice.
- Students have the opportunity to assess nutritional needs of patients and discuss the contribution of nutrition, cause, progress and treatment of their disease and communicate the nutritional aspects of clinical care to health professionals.
- The M.Sc program in Clinical Nutrition and Food Science is designed and focuses on theory and techniques of nutritional education, management and care and scientific principles upon which to plan nutritional therapy.
- With the infrastructure of the hospital, a very prospective program is credited in AIMS that would enable the students to strive for professional competence, productivity and services to society.
- This educational experience will consist of guided professional settings, organized self‐directed study, active participation in classroom, case studies, journal club and clinical laboratory experiments.
- Students will be exposed to professional settings in the hospital, intensive lectures, rotation through various clinical specialties, develop a unique ethnic and moral value system that would make them competent as an entry level nutritionist/ dietitian.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham offers admission to all its 195+ undergraduate and post graduate programs in Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Bio-technology, Nanotechnology, Management, Arts and Sciences, Communication, Social Work, Philosophy & Applied Psychology and Teachers Education to international students.
Foreign nationals, PIO card holders, OCI, NRI students and NRI-sponsored students under the International/ NRI/ NRI-S categories are eligible to apply. Admissions are based on merit and marks/ grades obtained in the qualifying examination/ entrance examination.
International4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.