The Educational Technology with Teaching Credential at University of San Francisco is designed to integrate academic coursework with field experience and prepares graduates to assume leadership roles in both public and private schools.
Graduates with Educational Technology with Teaching Credential from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- Using knowledge of human cognition, multimedia learning theory, and digital design principles, students will plan and create multimedia instructional materials that enhance their professional or educational practice.
- create products (radio-style audio story and a multimedia screencast) that demonstrate their skills at multimedia production.
- Create a ready-to-implement course or unit re-design based on a blueprint plan that details scope and sequence, formative and summative assessments, plans for feedback, and a clear protocol for communication and workflow via an LMS. The re-design must transfer a traditional course, unit, or program to a flipped, blended, 1:1, or completely online environment.
- design and create a professional website that will serve as their connection hub with other educational professionals. The website will include a blog, a multimedia gallery, a teaching philosophy statement, teaching/professional background, and relevant social sharing links.
- apply design-thinking to address issues of social justice within the field of educational technology.
- create their professional identity, connect with other educational technology leaders, and reflect on their learning and practice as an educator in the digital age.
- Navigating the Divide: Digital Leadership
- Digital Leadership Lab
- Made to Stick: Teaching with the Brain in Mind
- Digital Storytelling Lab
- Multimedia Learning
- Media Lab
- Learning Designs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Teacher candidates are recommended by USF to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) for the Preliminary Multiple Subjects (36 units) or Single Subject (34 units) Teaching Credential with optional Bilingual Authorization in Spanish.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 226 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Recommended GPA of 2.75.
International36210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.