You will learn state-of-the-art mechanical engineering methods, apply them to real world problems via industrially focused modules and research projects, whilst gaining the essential management skills to bring your ideas to life. Ranked in the UK top 5 for mechanical engineering, Cranfield offers a unique, postgraduate-only environment, with near-industrial scale engineering facilities and a teaching team with extensive experience of solving real world issues within industry.
This Advanced Mechanical Engineering from Cranfield University is designed for engineering, physics or mathematics graduates who wish to develop a successful mechanical engineering career in industry, government or research. It will equip you with the advanced engineering and management skills demanded by leading global employers, including project management, design, computer-aided engineering, operation and optimisation of machinery, structural mechanics and integrity, and technology leadership.
The Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and expertise required to develop a successful mechanical engineering career in the sector of your choice, including energy and power, aerospace, automotive and manufacturing. Our focus is on ensuring that you can make an impact from day one in your career. We do this by teaching you the state-of-the-art skills in mechanical engineering, enabling you to apply what you learn through industrially relevant group and individual research projects and equipping you with technology leadership skills. Graduates of this course have gone on to work in a range of roles, including:
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Siemens,
- Production Line Supervisor & Lean Implementer at GKN Land Systems,
- Staff Engineer at BPP Technical Services Ltd working on offshore oil and gas engineering,
- Engineer at Det Norske Veritas,
- Management Associate at BMW Group UK Limited,
- Project Engineer at BASF Coatings S.A.
This MSc degree is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk and Reliability Engineering
- Engineering Stress Analysis: Theory and Simulations
- Structural Integrity
- Fluid Mechanics and Loading
- Applied Materials and Corrosion
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for Renewable Energy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 176 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, physics or an engineering discipline. Other recognised professional qualifications or several years relevant industrial experience may be accepted as equivalent; subject to approval by the Course Director.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time £1,685
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £1,685
- PgCert Full-time £4,750
- PgCert Part-time £1,685
- MSc Part-time £22,150
- PgDip Full-time £17,950
- PgDip Part-time £17,950
- PgCert Full-time £8,950
- PgCert Part-time £8,950
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering Professor's Scholarship
- Cranfield University GREAT Scholarships
- British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
- NetZero Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Master's Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Postgraduate Masters Scholarship
- IGEM Postgraduate Masters Scholarship
- Royal Aeronautical Society
- Lendwise Postgraduate Student Loan
- Scottish Power Masters Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.