Opportunities exist for graduates in a range of areas, including non-government organisations, the charity sector, public development agencies, multinational businesses, government agencies and academia.
You can look forward to a successful career working with bodies like World Vision, Oxfam, the Australian Red Cross, Save the Children, TEAR Australia and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, among many others.
Study a Master of International Development at University of Canberra and you will:
- acquire knowledge about development issues across the world, especially with under-privileged communities
- engage with contemporary development theory
- explore participatory approaches to planning, management, monitoring and the evaluation of development projects
- acquire knowledge and understanding of the politics of different aspects of development processes, practices and advocacy.
- International consultant
- Program director
- International aid worker
- Campaign director
- International project manager
- Head of fundraising
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rural Development and Agro-forestry
- Conflicts, Humanitarian Intervention and Reconstruction
- Development Research Project
- Gender and Development
- History and Politics of the Theories of Development
- Micro-credit and Risk Management in Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development Sustainable Development View 48 other Masters in International Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University.
- Applicants with a completed Bachelor's degree in a related/cognate field may be granted credit for 12 credit points of unspecified credit and admission into the 1.5 year (EFTSL) program.
CRICOS Code: 074938D
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.