Fine Art from Bergen Academy of Art and Design centres on the students’ individual projects, which can be formulated and developed in relation to different types of media and facilities. Students have access to workshops, technical expertise and guidance within a broad range of media and materials. This includes ceramics, textiles, printmaking, photography, painting, sculpture, installation, performance, audio, video and digital art.
The Master’s Programme in Fine Art provides students with the artistic, methodological and theoretical tools to work in the field of contemporary art, and is designed to stimulate students’ deeper understanding of art and contemporary culture.
- Ceramics and Clay
- Painting and Drawing
- New Media
- Sculpture and Installation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master's Programme in Fine Art requires a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art or other similar field of study, or other relevant degree equivalent to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits, but normally of 4 years duration.
- Application form
- Letter of Motivation
- CV including your educational background
- Secondary School certificate / High School Diploma
- University degree certificate(s)/diploma(s)
- Transcript of records (an official statement listing courses/subjects you have completed at your university) including a description of the grading scale used.
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Copy of your passport, or other official ID-card with photo
- Documentation of sufficient funding to obtain a residence permit for studies.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 12 months.
The only student expenditure is a nominal semester fee of NOK 590 (USD 65) paid to the Student Welfare Organisation.
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.