Optional modules enable you to gain specialist knowledge of core areas such as:
- supramolecular and nanochemistry
- polymer chemistry
- inorganic materials chemistry
Both synthesis and characterisation are integral to the teaching around these areas.
Materials Chemistry at University of Bradford is a key multidisciplinary area, and a growth area for both academic and industrial research. Employment prospects in this area are excellent - the programme will prepare you for a career in industrial or academic research and development, or in production or manufacturing roles.
Materials Chemists work in a diverse range of areas including: medical devices; electronic devices; sustainable energy generation; nanomaterials; surface coatings; controlled delivery of drugs and agrochemicals and many other areas.
Transferable skills are also a key component and graduating students will be equipped for careers in both academia and industry.
- Research Skills, Professional Development and Commercial Awareness
- Research Project – Preparatory Investigations
- Research Project – Advanced Investigations
- Fundamentals of Nano and Supramolecular Materials
- Materials in Electronics
- Materials Characterisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 145 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Candidates should hold a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biochemistry or other degrees with a significant element of core chemistry; at a minimum classification of a 2:1 (or equivalent), or a 2:2 with two years relevant industrial experience.
- If applicants have prior certificated learning or professional experience which may be equivalent to parts of this programme, the University has procedures (Recognition of Prior Learning) to evaluate and recognise this learning in order to provide applicants with exemptions from specified modules or parts of the programme.
International21930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21930 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9004 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9004 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.