Reflecting the diversity and innovative spirit of San Francisco, the Asia Pacific Studies program from University of San Francisco offers a wide range of courses in the history, literature, politics, business, and culture of the Asia Pacific.
The interdisciplinary curriculum offers students the flexibility and independence to pursue their passions. Separate concentrations — humanities/social sciences and business — allow students to take courses that align with their academic and professional goals.
Students completing the MAPS Program will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to apply research tools and methods to analyze critically topics within class disciplines and contemporary interdisciplinary fields of Asia Pacific Studies
- An understanding of sociocultural histories and traditions, political and economic patterns of development, organizational practices and behaviors, and contemporary events as evidenced in the Asia Pacific region.
- Oral and written proficiency in an Asian language corresponding to the fourth semester of USF undergraduate courses, or the equivalent level in languages not taught at USF
- Practical experience in Asia-Pacific related contexts via opportunities for academic and professional development such as internships, fieldwork, conferences, symposia, public programs, class excursions and other types of experiential learning
- Asia Pacific Rel. and Phil.
- Quantitative Methods
- Asian Business Environments
- Int’l Politics of the Asia Pacific
- Political Economies of Asia
- Society/Culture of Asia Pac
- Early Global History
- Asia Pacific Literature/Film
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Sociology View 153 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
- A 3.0 GPA or higher in a bachelor's degree in any field is highly recommended. A general knowledge of the intellectual, social and cultural history of East Asia is required.
- Transcript (Academic Record)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Letters of Recommendation
International21140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.