This Optometry program from University of New South Wales has been designed with a variety of teaching methods and intends to appeal to new and established practitioners who hold an undergraduate degree in optometry. On completion, you will have advanced disciplinary knowledge as well as the skills to meet the demands of the profession. The degree doesn’t provide clinical training for registration to practise as an optometrist in Australia.
Why choose this degree?This degree gives you the choice of enrolling in the full postgraduate coursework program to obtain further qualifications, or you can complete individual courses for your continuing professional education.
Who should choose this degree?Professional, practising optometrists take this degree to upskill and increase their credentials and specialisations.
- Advanced training to enhance clinical practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence Based Optometry
- Epidemiology of Blinding Eye Diseases
- Eye Care Program Management
- Advanced Contact Lens Studies 1
- Ocular Therapy 1
- Visual Neuroscience
- 19 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 309 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 081122G
- The minimum requirement is the equivalent of a three-year AQF level 7 Bachelor degree in Optometry with a credit average. Students with an average between 60 and 65 will be considered for admission at the discretion of the Postgraduate Coordinator taking into consideration performance in Optometry courses completed in the undergraduate program.Prospective international students should note that they will need to meet the University's English language requirements.
International40800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40800 AUD per year during 19 months.
National34080 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34080 AUD per year during 19 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.