Many of our graduates occupy key positions in health services and universities in Australia, and the Western Pacific and Asian regions. This Public Health program from University of New South Wales prepares you for education, research and service in all aspects of public health by providing a sophisticated understanding of the multidisciplinary area of public health.
The courses include study in epidemiology, quantitative and qualitative research methods, health services management, health promotion, and development and education in health, as well as a systematic review of topical public health issues. Students will acquire a deep understanding and skills for research, professional practice and further learning.
Why choose this degree?
This degree is designed to address the continuing education needs of specialists in public health as well as providing a general orientation to public health issues and methods for health professionals.
Who should choose this degree?
A Masters in Public Health is essential for those wishing to pursue a career in population health and for those seeking to consolidate their knowledge and skills developed through professional practice.
- Disease control
- Health promotion
- Policy formulation
- Governance and management of health programs in global health settings
- Health Promotion and Social Perspectives of Health
- Foundations in Public Health and Health Care Systems
- Ageing and Health
- Infectious Diseases Control
- International Health
- Health Promotion
- Primary Health Care
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 234 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 008969M
- An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to public health or health management and two years full-time professional or volunteer experience. This may also include equivalent professional experience acquired as part of a degree of 4 or more years duration (e.g. MBBS, MD)
- An undergraduate degree plus an honours or postgraduate degree in a field relevant to public health or health management
International49000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National32160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32160 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.