In this Digital Learning Games programme from Tallinn University , you can study in one of Europe’s innovation hubs. The birthplace of Skype, Transferwise, and Taxify, Estonia was the world’s first nation to introduce e-government and produces more startups per capita than any other country in Europe.
The students can take advantage of numerous startup incubators and game jams taking place in Tallinn.
Why study with us?
- Interdisciplinary curriculum combining expertise in design, ICT, pedagogy, and psychology. The programme offers a uniquely multifaceted approach to learning games.
- The programme offers project-oriented teamwork: many of our courses involve teams with different competences (designer, programmer, writer, educator etc.) working on projects aiming to address real problems in education and society at large.
- The multicultural environment brings together different nations and cultures - We offer a diverse and enriching environment for study and collaboration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Game Design is the main module of Digital Learning Games programme. It covers game design related subjects such as:
- Basics of Game Theory and Design
- Design of Gameplay and Core Mechanics
- Design of Game Assets
- Learning Game Design
- Transmedia Storytelling Theories and Methods
- Research and Design of Educational Games
- ICT Based Learning Games in Learning Environment Formation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Non-EU/EEA applicants (except applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan):15 March
- EU/EEA citizens and applicants from the United Kingdom, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kazakhstan:1 June
DisciplinesEducation Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 4 other Masters in Education in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- E-portfolio of previous works (not mandatory)
- An interview with the admission committee (can be done via Internet, e.g. using Skype but in this case, a web-camera is required)
- E-portfolio is not mandatory but will give a better overview of applicants background. Feel free to present Your previous work like games, game recordings, graphical design elements, photos, audio recordings, sounds, texts etc. Recommended format is web-based (easy to share and view) but all other formats are also acceptable (PDF, video, ZIP etc.).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.