Become a primary school teacher who is reflective, independent and a flexible thinker. Learn how to apply your skills to improve learning outcomes for students in primary schools.
This Master of Teaching (Primary) from Australian Catholic University will enable you to engage with the breadth of curriculum and pedagogical knowledge required by a generalist primary classroom teacher combined with specialist knowledge and understanding of not only literacy and numeracy but other learning areas of the primary school curriculum. Delivered on campus, this course is made up of face-to-face, online and intensive units, and block placements in primary schools, offering flexible learning delivery to meet your needs.
Our graduates have pursued careers in:
- primary school education
- religious education
- education research
- play education specialist
- learning designer
- adult learning
- curriculum development
- education consulting
- government education policy making
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fostering Positive Behaviour
- Transition into the Primary Teaching Profession
- Catering for Diversity and Inclusion in the Classroom
- Advocacy and Leading in Areas of Specialisation
- Effective Teaching and Graduate Professional Experience (Primary)
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Development and Learning and Graduate Professional Experience (Primary)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 207 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed –
- Bachelor degree or equivalent that includes at least one year of equivalent full time study relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum; with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalent to an Australian Catholic University GPA of 4.0; and
- units within that degree that meet the subject content requirements as outlined by the national accreditation authority and the state/territory concerned.
- For applicants who have successfully completed a Bachelor degree with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) equivalent to an Australian Catholic University GPA of 4.0; but do not meet national subject content requirements or the state/territory requirements, conditional enrolment may, in special circumstances, be approved by the Course Coordinator provided additional study is undertaken
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24104 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24104 AUD per year during 24 months.
National3944 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3944 AUD per year during 24 months.
- $3944 CSP
- A small number of postgraduate coursework degrees have Commonwealth supported places available; however, these are very limited.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.