Two UT components, UTHealth and MD Anderson, jointly support the Medical Physics program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, with the majority of faculty and students, as well as the program administration, working at MD Anderson.
The S.M.S. degree is a professional master's degree that prepares the student for clinical practice as a medical physicist. The Ph.D. degree is intended for the student who is preparing for a career that includes a strong research component. The two degree tracks have similar didactic curricula, but the S.M.S. research project is typically more clinically focused and shorter in duration than the research work for the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees.
- Radiation-Induced Late Effects and Survivorship Journal Club
- The Physics of Positron Emission Tomography
- Fundamental Biological Principles of Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics
- Special Radiation Treatment Procedures
- Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Radiation Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics Medical Imaging View 602 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Unofficial transcripts
- Grade Point Average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- GRE General Test scores
- TOEFL scores (International applicants)
- Application fee - A $50 application fee is required
- Personal statement
- Research Statement
- Optional Essay
- Presentation and publications listing with abstracts
- Three letters of recommendation are required to apply
International7488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3744 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3744 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State2580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1290 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.