Such mastery is acquired from didactic instruction and individual study of the scientific literature. Laboratory studies provide opportunities to gain technical facility with the methods required for investigation. In view of the wide range of fields of knowledge in which the MS degree is awarded, it is not feasible to set specific requirements for this degree.
The preparation of the MS thesis provides:
- In depth understanding of the field of study,
- experience in stating a research problem within the framework of contemporary knowledge,
- presenting the rationale for the technical approach to be taken in solving the problem,
- presenting valid and reproducible results obtained by the application of methodology appropriate to the problem,
- and providing a coherent analysis of the results and the conclusions drawn from this analysis.
The acquisition of technical expertise should be the major objective of students at the MS degree level, and the MS thesis should provide evidence the student’s mastery of the knowledge and technology required for the solution of the research problem. While studies at the MS level may place less emphasis than those at the PhD level on the scope and magnitude of the intellectual contribution, the MS thesis should demonstrate the student’s creativity and critical thinking in the solution of a scientific problem. The thesis should be an original document written by the student.
Students in the Biomedical Sciences program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston are expected to complete a research based thesis project while completing coursework relevant to their scientific interests. Students must reach a number of academic milestones in order to earn their degree. Adhering to the schedule of these milestones ensures a timely progress to completing the program.
- The Ethical Dimensions of Biomedical Sciences
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Research in Biomedical Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics View 335 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Unofficial transcripts
- Grade Point Average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- GRE General Test scores
- TOEFL scores (International applicants)
- Application fee - A $50 application fee is required
- Personal statement
- Research Statement
- Optional Essay
- Presentation and publications listing with abstracts
- Three letters of recommendation are required to apply
International15639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15639 USD per year during 24 months.
National15639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15639 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5823 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5823 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.