The University of Texas School of Biomedical Informatics at Houston offers a Master's Degree in Biomedical Informatics with two tracks: the traditional research track and the applied biomedical informatics track. Both tracks provide students knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions to real-world problems in health information technology. Both tracks can be completed online, and students have the option of enrolling full time or part time in either track. Semester credit hours earned in the master's programs are transferrable to the doctoral program.
The traditional research track focuses on how health and biomedical data are collected and processed into health information and knowledge and how they are applied to support clinical decision making. Students in this track will gain solid understanding in basic aspects of biomedical informatics as well as in-depth knowledge in focus areas of the student's choosing. The traditional research track requires 39 semester credit hours to complete. The program concludes in a capstone/practicum project that allows students to work on an investigative project to demonstrate their learning acquisition in a professional setting.
- Intro to Biomedical Informatics
- Foundations of Biomedical Information Sciences
- Foundations of Biomedical Information Sciences II
- Research Design and Evaluation in Biomedical Informatics
- Statistical Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- Scientific Writing in Healthcare
- Practicum in Biomedical Informatics
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Informatics View 130 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- Application Form
- $60 Application Fee
- Baccalaureate or higher degree
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Grade Point Average (GPA): no minimum GPA requirement. Majority of successful applicants have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)The majority of successful applicants to our master's program have individual GRE scores (quantitative, verbal and analytical) in the 40th percentile or higher
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae
- Three Letters of reference from educators & employers
- Two page, double spaced Goal Statement
International874 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 874 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National874 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 874 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State251 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 251 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.