The MA in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution and Civil Society Development at The American University of Paris is a two-year, bilingual program with the University of Paris I-Sorbonne. Through this collaboration, you will join a community of scholars working in Paris across languages, cultures and different educational systems to develop conflict resolution and humanitarian skills, global solidarity networks and future civil society alliances.
While providing a rigorous and well-rounded understanding of contemporary international affairs, the course will push you to take theory beyond the classroom. Throughout your studies, you will have opportunities to work alongside visiting professionals to advance your skills and networks through intense three-day workshops that provide expertise in humanitarian assistance, diplomacy, non-profit management, negotiation, legal problem solving, health assessment in conflict zones, micro-credit management and mediation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philo. Found. Of Internat'l Relations
- Civil Society: Internat'l & Comp. Persp.
- Conflict Manag't, Prevent'n, & Resolut'n
- Us & World Affairs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 43 other Masters in International Relations in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application form
- Personal statement
- C.V. or resumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- English Language Test
- Standardized tests
- Standardized Test: GRE Required.
- Thesis Proposal: Please outline (500-word maximum) a proposed research topic including at least five peer-reviewed sources that inform your choice, as well as a suggested framework for your field research. A clear analytical argument supporting your working hypothesis is required.
- This is a two-year bilingual program with the Sorbonne. Applicants must submit one of the following French proficiency test results: DELF B2 or TCF French. Both examinations are administered by Alliance Française centers throughout the world.
International25110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50220 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA25110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50220 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.