- Core modules addressing skills and methodologies relevant to History graduates at University College Dublin
- A wide range of specialised modules
- Research dissertation completed under the guidance of a member of academic staff
The quality and versatility of this MA has allowed its graduates to pursue careers in a wide range of professions including journalism, publishing, teaching, government, law, archives, public relations, librarianships. For students who wish to pursue an academic career, this MA is ideal preparation for the PhD.This programme is aimed at students who wish to develop their analytical research and dissemination skills while gaining an in-depth understanding of the past, its societies and cultures. We value independent thinking, incisive criticism and reflective writing. We value a research-led and student-centred teaching environment. We emphasise intensive engagement with primary sources through physical and virtual archives. This engagement takes place in an atmosphere sustained by structured personal staff engagement as well as dynamic peer-learning. Individual supervisory meetings are a key element in the programme’s design.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Disseminating History
- Approaches to History
- Introductory Latin
- Introduction to Palaeography: Medieval and Early Modern Scripts
- The Making of United States Foreign Policy From FDR to GWB
- Origins of Modern Diplomacy
- Reading and Writing Twentieth.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesHistory View 35 other Masters in History in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for graduates with degrees in History or a cognate discipline. An upper second class honours degree, or the international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 7.0 (no band less than 6.5 in each element), or equivalent.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4390
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.