This Nursing course from University College Dublin is designed for students who wish to provide the highest quality of health care by deepening and broadening their knowledge and expertise in the field of nursing. The MSc Nursing programme builds on appropriate undergraduate level study to enhance the student’s leadership skills and research capacity for the development of nursing knowledge. The emphasis is on the application of theory to practice in the care of persons with a variety of health-related problems, within a variety of specialist care settings and contexts.
The course is designed to enable students to further develop their nursing practice knowledge and skills. Students must have had recent experience in nursing practice or be engaged in nursing practice while undertaking the programme.
What will I learn?
You will sharpen your analytical and critical thinking skills and develop essential knowledge and skills to provide high quality care and positive outcomes in clinical practice. The programme will, in addition to improving the quality of care,l enhance your career prospects and provide you with the building blocks for lifelong learning. It will provide you with the key knowledge and skills to innovate and lead in your area of practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Quality, Patient Safety and Outcomes
- Leadership and Organisational Dynamics
- Research Methods applied to Healthcare
- Nursing Knowledge: Phil & Pract
- Quality of Life and Outcomes Evaluation
- Women Gender and Health
- Implementation Science & Researching Change in Own Organisation
- Capstone Project/Lit Review
- Comparative Health Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesNursing View 70 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be entered on the live register of nurses maintained by NMBI (or registered with their local equivalent of the Irish Nursing and Midwifery Board)
- Applicants must hold an Honours Bachelors Degree (Level 8) in Nursing, Midwifery or an allied health subject relevant to nursing and midwifery
- Applicants must be engaged in clinical practice
International12800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6735 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6735 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.