Upon graduation, MPH students in Epidemiology should be able to:
- Identify key sources of data for epidemiological purposes
- Identify the principles and limitations of public health screening programs
- Describe a public health problem in terms of magnitude, person, time and place
- Explain the importance of epidemiology for informing scientific, ethical, economic and political discussion of health issues
- Comprehend basic ethical and legal principles pertaining to the collection, maintenance, use and dissemination of epidemiologic data
- Apply basic epidemiologic concepts, definitions and study designs to public health practice and research
- Calculate basic epidemiology measures
- Communicate epidemiologic information to lay and professional audiences
- Draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic data
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of epidemiologic reports
More informationVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology I
- Foundations of Biostatistics
- Intermediate Biostatistics
- Social & Behavioral Aspects of Community Health
- Introduction to Management and Policy Sciences
- Overview of Environmental Health
- Man’s Impact on the Environment
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Two letters of recommendation
- All post-secondary and professional school transcripts
- GRE Scores
- Valid GRE Scores
- For GRE exams: a minimum combined score of 298 for Masters programs. For the Analytical Writing section, a score of at least 4.0 on a scale of 6.0 is preferred. GRE scores are valid within 5yrs of test date
- For International students only: TOEFL scores
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
International980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State233 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 233 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.