During the Coaching Science in Sport MSc programme from the University College Dublin you will undertake original research of your own on a topic that is relevant to you. Critical evaluation of academic knowledge and its practical application is a distinctive feature of this advanced programme.
- Good practice in sports coaching is fundamental at all levels and ages for athlete development and success. This programme is intended for sports coaches, coach developers/educators and those working in closely related fields, to extend their scientific knowledge and understanding of the coaching process.
- We value and encourage our students to be autonomous learners. We expect them to share their own experience with faculty and peers, as well as critically reflect on their own practice in order to enhance their existing knowledge and skills.
- We aim to provide a learning environment that facilitates the comparison and contrast of theories and ideas from a range of relevant disciplines in order to integrate them into personal coaching practice.
- In this Coaching Science in Sport programme from the University College Dublin we use a blend of the most innovative teaching and learning approaches and assessment strategies, such as seminars, laboratory-based experiential learning, web-based interactive learning, case-studies, group work, etc. These are informed by the world-class research carried out by our faculty in addition to the prestigious guest speakers.
Graduates may gain employment as sports coaches, coaching officers, game development officers, coach developers/educators, in the following agencies and sectors:
- Professional and national sports teams
- National governing bodies
- Sports and fitness clubs
- Physical and sport education
- Sports training camps
- Performance analysis in sport.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Exercise Physiology and Sports Nutrition
- Planning in Strength and Conditioning
- Research Methods and Applied Statistics
- The Science of Coaching: Theory and Practice
- Sports and Performance Analysis for Coaches
- Applied Sports Psychology and Skill Acquisition
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 27 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Ireland
- A minimum of a second class honours degree is required in Sport and Exercise Science, Sport and Exercise Physiology, Sports Coaching, Sports Development, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies or another relevant degree discipline from a recognised University.
- In exceptional circumstances an alternative entry route will be considered for candidates without a degree, but with significant experience and involvement in sports coaching and with a coaching qualification recognised by their national governing body.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element) or equivalent.
International19950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8890 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8890 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - €4,430
- Non-EU fee per year - €13,200
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.