Contemporary curating is a dynamic profession, playing a key role in setting cultural agendas and generating new ideas.
You will benefit from partnerships with a broad range of Australian and international creative organisations as well as regular connection with arts leaders and industry professionals. The degree is flexible and customisable. In the final year you will undertake an industry-based capstone project tailored to develop your skills, build your professional networks, and open further career opportunities. You may also complete a supervised research paper, allowing you to engage deeply with a topic of your interest.
Why choose this Curating and Cultural Leadership program from University of New South Wales?
This degree is for those keen to explore a wide range of areas across curating and cultural leadership, as well as industry engagement and professional experience with galleries, libraries, archives, museums and other cultural institutions.
Who should choose this degree?
This degree is geared towards graduates and career professionals who intend to take a leading role in shaping the creative and cultural landscape of the future. Many of our graduates are prominent leaders in the Australian and international cultural and creative sectors.
- Arts and cultural leadership, management, policy making and administration
- Curatorship, festival, program, event and museum management
- Direction of cultural organisations and institutions
- Entrepreneurship, strategy, creative social enterprise and startups
- Creative direction, planning and production
- Art education and training
- Communication Skills for Creative Disciplines
- Research Foundations in Art and Design
- Leadership in the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Australian Arts Ecology
- Art Writing and Publishing
- Cultural Heritage, Ethics & the Law
- Contemporary Curating: Theories and Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Leadership View 53 other Masters in Leadership in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 082201A
- A Bachelor's degree (AQF level 7) with a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 or equivalent. The Bachelor's degree can be in any field. This provides admission into the foundational disciplinary course component of the program - requiring completion of 96uoc (2.0 years).
- Bachelor's degree (AQF level 7) in a cognate field with a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 or equivalent. This provides direct admission into the disciplinary course component of the degree - requiring completion of 72uoc (1.5 years).
- An Honours Degree (AQF level 8) in any of the following cognate fields. This provides direct admission to the advanced disciplinary component of the degree - requiring completion of 48uoc (1 year).
International39005 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39005 AUD per year during 24 months.
National31680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31680 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.