Only a small group of students are recruited on to the Musical Theatre programme from Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama resulting in an intensive teaching environment that will enable you to develop and strengthen your existing skills in acting, singing and dance. You will undertake extensive classes within each of these areas, with particular emphasis on character and relationship work.
The college has excellent links with industry and throughout your training you will receive regular masterclasses from established industry professionals ensuring the vocational nature of your training is sustained at the highest of standards.
Being one of only three conservatoires which provides both music and drama training, the college will provide a truly unique environment in which to study musical theatre. You will have the opportunity to perform in both intimate and large scale musical productions in front of public audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The emphasis is on building links within the musical theatre profession world and preparing students to be work-ready by the time they graduate.
- Throughout the course, students have opportunities to meet and work closely with professional directors, musical directors and choreographers as well as visiting artists and other key figures from within the industry.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 175 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Selection is made on the basis of auditions.Typically, candidates should have completed an undergraduate programme in the performing arts.
- For international students recognised equivalent qualifications are accepted.
- We also consider applicants with no formal qualifications but who can demonstrate considerable skills in at least two of the disciplines - acting, singing and dance.
- Candidates for whom English is not a first language are required to demonstrate a level of fluency appropriate to professional acting training.
International22444 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22444 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA15509 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15509 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.