In consultation with a faculty advisor, students select a course of study suited to their individual interests. The Latin American Studies program is offered at Stanford University.
One may obtain a dual professional degree concurrently with the M.A.Prior graduates of the Latin American Studies master's degree program have gone into higher education, business and the private sector, government, and non-governmental organizations.
- Latin American Development: Economy and Society, 1800-2014
- Latin American Politics
- Indigenous Peoples and Environmental Problems
- Contemporary Issues in Latin American Studies
- Aztec Language and Culture
- The Formation of Political State in the Peruvian Andes
- Maya Mythology and the Popol Vuh
- Incas and their Ancestors: Peruvian Archaeology
- Peoples and Cultures of Ancient Mesoamerica
- Race and Culture in Mexico and Central America
- Curricular Public Policies for the Recognition of Afro-Brazilians and Indigenous Population
- International Documentary
- Global Human Geography: Europe and Americas
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Language Studies View 153 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold before enrollment at Stanford, a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Applicants from institutions outside the U.S. must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing. See minimum level of study required of International applicants.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are required of all applicants whose first language is not English.
- International students enrolled must be able to read English with ease, understand rapid idiomatic English as used in lectures and group discussions.
International56487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56487 USD per year during 24 months.
National56487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56487 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.