As a business and information systems engineer, you are able to analyse and optimise various business processes, such as marketing, production and logistics, finance etc. As a multidisciplinary, forward-looking manager, you translate business elements into information systems supporting the decision process. You can consider decisions about information technology against the backdrop of the company as a whole, predict their strategic consequences, and carry out management duties with diligence.
Career perspectives after the Master of Business and Information Systems Engineering at KU Leuven
Information technology has revolutionized the business world. Business and information systems engineers usually start their career in business and/or IT consulting. They can also take up more traditional management duties, as they have the ability to design, manage and improve business processes, services and decisions in a digital world. Boasting a variety of skills, business and information systems engineers are much sought-after by a wide range of companies for various positions and sectors in Belgium and abroad.
Typical job titles include business analyst, analytics specialist, business intelligence analyst, big data specialist, operations manager, fintech specialist, customer intelligence director, fraud expert, compliance officer, IT manager, and chief information officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Database Management and Content Management
- Software Architectures for Collaborative Systems
- Business Analysis
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Applications of Statistics
- ICT Service Management
- Architecture and Modelling of Management Information Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration General Engineering & Technology View 52 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Master of Business and Information Systems Engineering programme is intended for holders of
- · an academic Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in business economics with a substantial quantitative, technological and IT component, or
· an academic Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a strong quantitative and/or technological focus and with sufficient knowledge of business economics and management science.
- A decision on admissibility will be based on evidence of the applicant's acquired competences in primarily the following domains: economics and business (36 ECTS); quantitative methods, technology and sciences (24 ECTS) and Information systems (including programming)(27 ECTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.