The program’s academic courses were designed to build a solid foundation for a successful career in laboratory animal science or pursuit of higher degrees (MD, PhD, DVM, etc). The Laboratory Animal Science program was designed to give students the ability to customize their academic research experience.
The Department of Comparative Medicine at Stanford University is accepting applications for the new MS in Laboratory Animal Science degree program, which may also be taken as a Coterminal Masters program for Stanford undergraduates.
The Department's faculty are also engaged in collaborative and comparative research, with animal model expertise and programs in veterinary pathology, pain and anesthesia, rodent reproductive biology, infectious disease, cancer, bioengineering, animal welfare and neuroscience. In addition, the veterinary faculty in the Department of Comparative Medicine have oversight responsibility for the campus-wide animal research program and provide clinical service in the Veterinary Service Center. The mission is to advance human and animal health through outstanding research, veterinary care and training.
- Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of Mammals
- Life in the Zoo: Behavior, Welfare and Enrichment
- Animal Behavior
- Horse Medicine
- Globally Emerging Zoonotic Diseases
- Animal Use in Biomedical Research
- Mouse in Biomedical Research
- Blood Cells- The Basics
- Ouch it Hurts! The Comparative Neurobiology of Pain
- Comparative Brain Evolution
- Pre-Vet Advisory
- Imaging Anatomy in Animal Models
- Undergraduate Directed Reading in Comparative Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences View 168 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stanford University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Items which must be included in your online application:
- Completed Current Graduate Student Online Application Form
- Valid GRE, MCAT, or GMAT scores
- Statement of Purpose
- The Statement of Purpose should describe succinctly your reasons for applying to the proposed program at Stanford, your preparation for this field of study, research interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background andinterests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
- 2 letters of recommendation from Stanford professors
- $125 application fee will be assessed by the Registrar if you are admitted and accept.
International56487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56487 USD per year during 24 months.
National56487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56487 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.