On this Fashion and Textiles course at University of Portsmouth , you'll expand your core practice within a fashion or textile context. You'll identify and explore your own motivation and be challenged to create designs that respond to social and environmental issues. You'll also get the opportunity to develop and hone transferable skills, getting the confidence and tools to become a successful innovator and leader in your chosen field.
Whatever the direction and focus of your studies, we'll help you develop your creative, critical and practical skills to achieve considered and professional outcomes with commercial viability. Whether you're looking to move into a leadership or management role, or start your own business, this course will help you achieve your goals.
When you graduate from this course, you'll have the creative, critical, practical and business skills needed for a successful career. Career opportunities include:
- fashion/textile design
- starting your own business
- leadership/management within an existing business
- research and development in a leadership/management role within service and design-led industries
- product development
- PhD research/research related career
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Question of Research
- Exploratory Practice
- Major Project
- Transdisciplinary Experiences
- Work-Based Learning
- Concept Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 110 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second-class honours degree in a related subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- An interview or online portfolio submission will be required as part of the selection process.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students Part time: £3,900
- International students Part time: £7,150
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.