Majors of the Research Master programme in Health Sciences at Erasmus University Rotterdam - Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences (NIHES) include clinical epidemiology, epidemiology, public health epidemiology, genomic & molecular epidemiology, and health decision sciences & technology assessment. After completion, candidates will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to propose state-of-the-art studies, write excellent study protocols, perform the research, analyze the data using modern statistical techniques, make defensible causal inferences, come to justified conclusions, and write outstanding research papers. Depending on the choice of major, the candidate will focus on for example clinical trials, population studies, public health interventions, or modeling studies.
- The student is able to translate a (clinical) epidemiologic, public health or health care problem into a scientific research question.
- The student is able to translate a scientific research question in the area of (clinical) epidemiology, public health or health care into a research protocol and/or proposal.
- The student is able to conduct a systematic literature review of a clinical or public health issue.
- The student has knowledge about quantitative methods and the ability to apply this knowledge in preparing, performing, analysing and interpreting research.
- The student understands core concepts of etiologic (causality), prognostic, diagnostic, prevention, and intervention research.
The degree prepares you for a career in international medical research or for executive or advisory positions in clinical medicine, public health, pharmaceutical research, or health policy.
This programme is NVAO accredited.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
First year: methodological, statistical core courses and start research project;
Second year: individual research project, electives and seminars.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 24 other Masters in Health Administration in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You should fit the following criteria:
- You have a bachelor's degree in clinical medicine, public health, health sciences, clinical technology, nutrition, (medical) biology, pharmacy, human movement sciences, psychology, health economics, or a broad bachelor’s education (e.g. university college) with subjects in these disciplines;
- You have affinity with research;
- A letter of motivation, CV, grades list and certificates are requested as part of the selection procedure for admission;
- You have a good working command of the English language, both oral and written.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.