This Islamic Studies programme at University of Malaya offers research opportunity at master level for candidate with background from various disciplines either Islamic Studies or not.
This is a pure research programme and there are no course modules for this programme. The medium of dissertation is in Malay or English, but under special circumstances, the Senate may approve the use of a language other than Bahasa Malaysia or English for the dissertation concerned. Some of special areas of research under this program include :-
- Islamic Education
- Islamic Studies with Science
- Islam and Social Sciences
- Fiqh and Usul Fiqh
- Shariah Law and Comparative Law
- Islamic Economy and Comparative Economy
- Islamic Management and Islamic Finance
- Siasah Syar’iyyah and Islamic Governance
- Aqidah and Islamic Thought
- Al-Qur’an and al-Hadith
- Islamic History and Islamic Civilization
- Da’wah and Human Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 24 other Masters in Language Studies in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good bachelor’s degree in Usuluddin with a minimum CGPA 3.0 or second class honours from recognized universities. Bachelor in general Islamic Studies or other certificates with Islamic majors can be considered as equivalent to Usuluddin bachelor degree, or other qualifications approved by the Senate from time to time.
- Before registering, international candidates who are writing their dissertation in English are required to fullfill all English Language requirements if their first degree was not obtained from a university that uses English Language as the medium of instruction, or a pass in any English Language Proficiency Programme (ELP) approved by the University.
International5466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5466 USD per year during 48 months.
National2471 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2471 USD per year during 48 months.
- RM 10,202 National
- RM 22,565 International
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.