Nonprofit organizations confront the challenges and opportunities that mission-driven organizations face today in areas such as succession planning, volunteerism, resource development, and competitive funding. The Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management at Washington University in St. Louis addresses these areas, drawing on experienced practitioners in the St. Louis area.
It prepares students to work effectively in the field and enhances the management skills of those seeking a career in related fields. Administered jointly by the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and University College, the program is designed for working adults attending school on a part-time basis.
The program provides students with the skills and resources needed to lead mission-driven organizations as productive examples of social entrepreneurship.
Grounded in the historical context of nonprofit management and philanthropy, students acquire skills in all operational areas of nonprofit management, including financial management, law, grant writing, volunteer management, resource development, research and statistical analysis, and marketing communications.
- Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- Resource Development for Nonprofit Organizations
- Statistics & Research Design
- Integrated Capstone Project in Nonprofit Management
- Organizational Behavior and Administration
- History and Development of the Nonprofit Sector
- Financial Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- Legal Issues Impacting Nonprofit Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies IT Management View 1787 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 12 months.
National59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.