A fundamental understanding of the United States legal system creates opportunities for growth in a variety of careers. Almost all industries work with legal procedure in some capacity — from risk management to government regulation. It can be beneficial for professionals to develop a background in law to make better decisions on the job and protect themselves and their organization from legal issues.
Designed and led by the School of Law’s distinguished faculty, the online Legal Studies program at Washington University in St. Louis delivers the same rigorous curriculum as the on-campus program and explores the application of U.S. law across a broad spectrum of today’s business topics, including contracts, intellectual property, health law and corporate compliance. Classes are taught using the Socratic method, encouraging students to discuss and debate course topics and explore subjects such as civil procedure, constitutional law, trial advocacy, torts and negotiations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of U.S. Law
- Introduction To U.S. Law & Methods
- Professional Responsibility
- Business Associations
- Intellectual Property
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 56 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International56300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 56300 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National56300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 56300 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.