The MSc in Biotechnology and Business at University College Dublin is run by the UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science in conjunction with UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
This one-year, full-time Masters is aimed at life-science and chemistry graduates seeking a managerial position in the biotechnological or biopharmaceutical field or looking to create their own business within the same industry.
This advanced graduate degree in Biotechnology and Business has been developed in consultation with employers and therefore will be recognised and valued by them. A key feature is the opportunity to carry out a business development plan which will allow graduates to develop connections with prospective employers, thereby enhancing chances of employment on graduation.
Prospective employers include: Abbott; Allergan; Amgen; Baxter Healthcare; Beckman Coulter; Biotrin International Ltd.; Boston Scientific; Elan Corporation; Eli Lilly and Co.; Celltech; Glaxo SmithKline; Icon Clinical Research; Johnson & Johnson Ltd.; Kerry Group Plc.; Merck Sharp & Dohme; Quintiles; Sandoz; Serology Ltd.
- Drug Discovery
- Medical Device Technology
- Biomedical Diagnostics
- Regulatory Affairs
- Marketing Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business plan development
- Biotechnology Case Study.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Biotechnology View 128 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is intended for applicants with a BSc in a biology- or chemistry-related discipline.
- An upper second class honours or international equivalent is required.
- Graduates with equivalent qualifications in related areas of science and technology.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International26400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26400 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA14590 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14590 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.