Earn a degree in the field of education with an advanced combination of theory and practice! The Education and Learning programme at the University of Turku aims to train experts in the areas of research on learning and sociology of education. This is achieved by observing education from both micro and macro level perspectives throughout the basic studies and electives as well as in the Master's theses.
The Master's Degree Programme in Education and Learning does not provide the students with formal teaching qualification.
Throughout the studies, a strong emphasis is placed on students’ research skills. The applicants also have an opportunity to apply for a double degree option called the Finnish-German Master Programme in Education, with part of the degree studies completed at the University of Regensburg, Germany.
Students of the Master's Programme in Education and Learning will become future experts for public, private and civil society sectors. Graduates of the Programme could work as e.g.
- educational experts,
- educational consultants,
- educators, or
NB. The Master's Degree Programme in Education and Learning does not provide the students with formal teaching qualification.
The curriculum emphasises 21st century skills in the areas of:
- learning skills (e.g. critical thinking, problem solving, metacognition, and life-long learning)
- life skills (e.g. communication, collaboration, cultural awareness, and networking), and
- literacy skills (information, ICT, and mathematical skills and scientific literacy).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 4 other Masters in Educational Research in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – usually a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree consists of at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or three years of full-time study,
- your degree gives eligibility to masters level studies in the country where it was issued,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the section on programme-specific admission requirements for detailed degree requirements.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Turku supports merited and motivated students with generous scholarships. Scholarships are offered for both Bachelor’s and Master’s level studies, for students who are subject to tuition fees.
- The scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. Applying for a scholarship is simple: just indicate “yes” to the appropriate question on your online application form for the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.