A MSc Biomedical Sciences - Biomedical Imaging at University of Turku provide you with strong knowledge on either cellular biology, anatomy and physiology, nanomedicine or biophysics, depending on the area of your specialisation. You will study in a highly international environment and gain excellent theoretical and practical skills in a wide range of imaging techniques and applications as well as in image analysis.
The interdisciplinary curriculum provides you with broad knowledge on biomedical imaging related to many areas of biomedicine and life sciences.
The Biomedical Imaging specialisation track aims to train future imaging and image analysis experts to meet the increasing demand in the fields of basic and medical research as well as the high demand for imaging core facility personnel.
The Programme provides excellent possibilities for a career in life sciences. For example, you can:
- continue as postgraduate students to pursue a career as a scientist,
- work in core facility management,
- work in science administration nationally or internationally,
- work in hospital research laboratories,
- work in industry and industrial research, or
- work in imaging network or project management.
The programme structure for the specialisation track in Biomecial Imaging is:
- Mandatory Major Subject Studies
- Master's Thesis
- Selectable Major Subject Studies
- Language Studies
- Elective Studies
- Bridging Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 7 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €12,000/academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.