The School Based (School Direct) degree offered at Canterbury Christ Church University aims to harness the knowledge and experience of school colleagues in the delivery of courses, working in partnership with the experience of accredited ITT providers such as universities. Schools, and the mentors within them, provide the vast majority of the training.Schools benefit by being more directly involved in student recruitment and the delivery of the course.
This is a cross phase course, you can study within the primary or secondary phase. The course takes one academic year to complete.
What can you do next
Successful students on this course are able to become Qualified Teachers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Policy & Practice in Education
- Subject Pedagogy
- Practitioner Research in Eduation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 328 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree of at least lower second class (2:2) standard with at least some of the degree modules related to the training subject.
- English and Maths at GCSE (grade C or above) or equivalent for Secondary (11-18). For the Primary route, candidates will also need Science GCSE at grade C or above.
- To have passed the government's skills tests in literacy and numeracy.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
QTS only £5,960 (Full time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.