The Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety program of Norhwestern University draws students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The Master of Science focuses on the theoretical and practical skills necessary for improving healthcare delivery systems as well as changing the policy landscape of our healthcare system. It is designed for clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals who want to focus their career development on improving healthcare delivery systems, particularly in regard to quality and safety. This executive-style program incorporates distance-learning components to allow students to meet their educational goals while continuing their careers or medical education. Chicago residence is not required.
Since the first cohort in 2006, the program has attracted healthcare professionals from diverse professional, disciplinary, and clinical backgrounds. Overall, 88.5% of all students attained a quality or safety leadership role and/or increased their leadership position by the end or after their program of study. Through their capstone projects, all students have implemented quality or safety improvement projects in their home organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Healthcare Quality
- Introduction to Patient Safety
- Introduction to U.S. Health System
- Fundamental Methods for Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety
- Advanced Healthcare Quality
- Advanced Patient Safety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1355 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- CollegeNET Application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your most recent graduate entrance exam test score (GRE, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT or MAT; contact us to determine applicability of other test scores); this requirement may be waived for candidates with a graduate degree
- One set of transcripts from each postsecondary institution attended (including all courses taken, grades received and, if applicable, degree earned)
- CV or resume
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample (provide a description of one key issue in healthcare quality or patient safety and discuss possible solutions; responses should be no more than 750 words)
International6418 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6418 USD per module during 24 months.
National6418 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6418 USD per module during 24 months.
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.