Top graduates from any discipline will be considered for this prestigious qualification. Student teachers will engage in an inquiry-based approach and intensive and extensive practice, working in partnership with schools and the University, which will lead to enhanced practitioner skills at individual, group and whole-class level.
In addition to meeting the requirements for provisional teacher registration in New Zealand, students of this programme will be enabled to become teacher researchers as they move into the profession of teaching.
This unique Master of Teaching and Learning is a joint initiative between the University of Otago College of Education and University of Waikato Faculty of Education. Each institution will award their own Master’s degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching in a New Zealand Context
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Evidence-based Inquiry (Early Childhood)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Information and Communication Technologies Competency Test
- Literacy Competence Test
- Mathematics Competency Test
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis
International25023 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25023 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5002 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 8,189 NZD
- International: 41,949 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.