This Cyber Security MSc programme from Leiden University is designed for highly educated professionals (computer scientists, lawyers, policy makers) with several years of professional experience in and/or affinity with issues in the field of cyber security.
Why study Cyber Security?
Our programme will teach you to make connections will teach you to make connections between technical, legal and social scientific aspects of cyber security, so you can come to effective and sustainable solutions for cyber risks and threats. Subsequently, you will be able to contribute effectively to sustainable strategies for digital defensibility and security of society as a whole, including organisations and citizens.
This programme is developed by Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and The Hague University of Applied Sciences and various private partners. Leiden University is responsible for the programme. The programme has been accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
During this programme, you will learn to:
- Identify the complexities and interdependencies in cyber space
- Contribute solutions to cyber risks, both from a technological and a policy and administrative approach
- Relegate cyber threats to acceptable risks
- Build a bridge between largely technical and more administrative-oriented professionals in organisations
- Translate technical and operational issues to a strategic level
- Reflect critically on new developments and results of research into cyber security
- Offer independent contributions to cyber security research
- The programme is aimed at professionals with a relevant master’s degree from a university (of applied sciences) and several years of professional experience who wish to broaden or deepen their knowledge of cyber security.
- Graduates work in the field of Cyber Security either in private or public and semi-public companies.
- Cyber Risk Management
- Legal Perspectives on Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Economics
- Actors & Behaviour in Cyberspace
- Data Mining
- Industrial Control Systems & Critical Infrastructures
- Cyber Crisis Management & Communication
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 10 other Masters in Cyber Security in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed master’s degree from a university (of applied sciences) in a relevant discipline
- Adequate proficiency in the English language
- Several years of relevant professional experience
International10333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA10333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Den Haag
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.