Supported by a small team of academics from within the Early Childhood Directorate, you will have the opportunity to research and develop specialist areas of expertise within the field. During the programme you will also be encouraged to reflect on the ways this learning supports your professional and career development.
Early Childhood Education degree offered at Canterbury Christ Church University will focus on the role early education plays in producing happy, healthy and successful children. During the programme you will have the opportunity to research and develop specialist areas of expertise within this field.
You will have the opportunity to
- Investigate the latest research
- Engage in critical enquiry
- Design your own research based on issues of personal or professional relevance
- Innovate and lead practice
- Reflect on your professional and career development.
What can I do next?
The MA Early Childhood Education opens up a wide range of career opportunities. Graduates from the programme have been successful in pursuing careers in a variety of contexts with roles including Lecturer in Early Years, Nursery Manager, Children’s Centre Manager, and Creative Early Years Specialist. Some of our students have progressed on to taught doctoral programmes or undertaken PhDs based on their particular research interests whilst others have gone on to set up their own business.Read more at https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/study-here/courses/postgraduate/early-childhood-education-19-20.aspx#jbI4T44lcGEgV8Uj.99
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Criticality
- Research in Context: Investigating Early Childhood Education
- Learning Outdoors in Early Childhood
- Children and Charities in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education for Sustainability
- Policy and Practice in Early Childhood Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 816 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A good undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) and two supporting academic/professional references.
- It is recognised that some applicants may not meet these standard requirements, yet may be desirable candidates with other and appropriate skills and knowledge. In this case they may be offered the opportunity to complete an orientation module or a portfolio to demonstrate their ability to work at level 7. Applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
- The University normally accepts non-UK qualifications equivalent to those outlined above and confirmed through NARIC.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7970 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.