The part-time, distance learning Advanced Concrete Technology degree from University of Leeds has been designed to develop the next generation of senior construction professionals working in design of concrete mixes, concrete production and construction. It will provide you with advanced, in-depth knowledge of both the theory and practical application of concrete technology to prepare you for a variety of senior roles.
You’ll gain academic expertise using a range of online resources that have been developed to give you the flexibility to study around your work and personal lives.
The final year of the MSc offers you the chance to conduct your own research project – a chance to focus on a single topic and demonstrate valuable skills when you present your findings in a comprehensive technical report.
A degree from Leeds and the experience you'll gain here will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
The University of Leeds is in the top five most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters, according to High Fliers’ The Graduate Market in 2022 report.
It is expected that the majority of students on the course will already be working within the concrete industry and looking to progress their career within their chosen field.
If you have no industrial experience, this course will provide an excellent route to a career within the concrete industry as you learn industrial practices through group projects involving participants from industry.
During your course you will have the opportunity to get to know people from the concrete industry through their association with tutors from the industry who will be part of the course delivery team.
- Constituent Materials of Concrete
- Cement and Concrete Properties
- Testing, Quality Assurance, Repair and Maintenance of Concrete Structures
- Concrete Production, Processes, Applications and Construction Practice
- Independent Research Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 76 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:2 (hons) in civil engineering or a related engineering or science based discipline.
- We will also consider applications from candidates with at least 5 years’ experience at senior managerial level in concrete plant and concrete constructions. This will need to be independently verifiable.
- If you have passed the Institute of Concrete Technology exam stages 1-3, you’ll be eligible for approved prior learning which would allow you to be admitted to the PGDip or MSc (Eng).
- If you have passed stage 4, you’ll be eligible for approved prior learning so that if you undertake the 60-credit research project over 12 months part-time, you’ll graduate with an MSc (Eng) from the University of Leeds.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.