The Master in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication offered by Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) focuses on the intersection between the theoretical bases of cognitive psychology and of communication applied to the context of health. Cognitive psychology is the study of all mental processes which drive simple or more complex behaviours, either normal or pathological.
These include, among the many, verbal and non-verbal forms of communication, implicit and explicit memory, perception, attention, consciousness, problem solving, decision making, gratification, etc.
Students who are admitted into the programme will receive an advanced theoretical background in neuroscience and modern psychology, will learn advanced research methods in psychology and health communication including a large variety of and statistical techniques and tools that can be used for the analysis of human behaviour in research labs, clinical departments, health frameworks and companies.
A central goal of this programme is to familiarize students with the latest research and practice in these areas of research and help them translate and apply this knowledge in many different working environment including health psychology, communication, management, and marketing.
Students who graduate in the program will take advantage of the extended network of research, health institutions and companies belonging or connected to USI and San Raffaele University Hospital.
Graduates will profit from these connections and have the chance to work in research labs and institutes, clinics, and governmental health organizations, NGOs or other health domains, schools, notable companies.
The goal of this program is to train students to master psychology and cognitive psychology to a point that they can grasp the basis of human behaviour and communication and use this knowledge to develop practical applications, for example the design of novel and effective interventions to prevent disease and promote health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Memory
- Quantitative and qualitative Methods in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Experimental Design in Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Decision Making and Behavior
- Advances in Behavioural Neurosciences
- Advanced Models for Social and Psychological Sciences
- Health Psychology
- Social Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Corporate Communication View 5 other Masters in Psychology in Switzerland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be admitted to the Joint Master degree programme (MSc) in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication, candidates must possess:
- a Bachelor's degree in Psychology or a Major in Psychology granted by a recognised university. Italian candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Psychology equivalent to former Ministerial Decree n. 270, Classification L-24 "Scienze e Tecniche Psicologiche" or to former Ministerial Decree n.509/99, Classification L-24 "Scienze e Tecniche Psicologiche" or to the former five-year degree programs in Psychology
- at least 88 ECTS within the various field of psychology
- an average mark equal to or higher than 24/30 (Italian score) or 8/10 (Swiss score)
Candidates are admitted to the Master's Degree in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication according to the chronological order of applications. Up to 30 students will be admitted to the master's programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- National: CHF 2,000 per semester
- International: CHF 4,000 per semester
Living costs for Lugano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.