The Master in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication offered by Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) focuses on the intersection between the theoretical bases of cognitive psychology and of communication applied to the context of health. Cognitive psychology is the study of all mental processes which drive simple or more complex behaviours, either normal or pathological.
These include, among the many, verbal and non-verbal forms of communication, implicit and explicit memory, perception, attention, consciousness, problem solving, decision making, gratification, etc.
Students who are admitted into the programme will receive an advanced theoretical background in neuroscience and modern psychology, will learn advanced research methods in psychology and health communication including a large variety of and statistical techniques and tools that can be used for the analysis of human behaviour in research labs, clinical departments, health frameworks and companies.
A central goal of this programme is to familiarize students with the latest research and practice in these areas of research and help them translate and apply this knowledge in many different working environment including health psychology, communication, management, and marketing.
Students who graduate in the program will take advantage of the extended network of research, health institutions and companies belonging or connected to USI and San Raffaele University Hospital.
Graduates will profit from these connections and have the chance to work in research labs and institutes, clinics, and governmental health organizations, NGOs or other health domains, schools, notable companies.
The goal of this program is to train students to master psychology and cognitive psychology to a point that they can grasp the basis of human behaviour and communication and use this knowledge to develop practical applications, for example the design of novel and effective interventions to prevent disease and promote health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Memory
- Quantitative and qualitative Methods in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Experimental Design in Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Decision Making and Behavior
- Advances in Behavioural Neurosciences
- Advanced Models for Social and Psychological Sciences
- Health Psychology
- Social Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Psychology Corporate Communication View 10 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The formal requirement for admission to the Master's degree in Cognitive Psychology in Health Communication is a Bachelor's degree in Psychology granted by a recognised university.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied sciences may be admitted with the requirement of acquiring additional credits prior to the start of the Master’s studies by attending Bachelor's courses at another recognised University. The university, the number of credits and the list of courses to attend have to be agreed with the Directors of the Master’s programme.
International7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7420 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7420 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: CHF 2,000 per semester
- International: CHF 4,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.