Research may be supported in areas including Exercise and Sports Science, Food and Nutrition Sciences, Health and Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery, Occupational Science and Therapy public health, Clinical and Forensic Psychology, Public Health and Health Promotion, Health Economic and Program Evaluation, and Social Work.
A Masters by Research in Applied Science (Health) from Deakin University is awarded for a substantial, original contribution to knowledge achieved in up to two years of full-time study (or two to four years of part-time candidature).
Deakin currently has around 1600 higher degree by research candidates – intelligent people making the most of our excellent facilities, partnerships, strategic research centres and excellent reputation. This degree is perfect if you are looking to kickstart your career in research and academia.
Career Pathway Placements (internships) with industry partners, are offered as an elective, to all domestic and international HDR students. The timing of a proposed placement should be discussed with the supervisory team, and approved by the School HDR Coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty of Health provides a range of higher degree by research programs at masters and doctorate level, including professional doctorates in the discipline of psychology.
- The Faculty has affiliation with six of the University Strategic Research Centres, which work with national and international partners in health communities, business, industry and government to bring about evidence-based practical, equitable health outcomes globally, nationally and in local communities.
- The Centres are engaged in research programs related to patient care, patient safety, health services, mental health, psychiatric disorders, molecular medicine, immunology, neurosciences, public health research and evaluation, population health, human nutrition, physical activity and health, and social determinants of health and wellbeing.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 393 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have demonstrated evidence of a high standard of research ability. This is normally an Honours year to H2B (60%+) standard, or a coursework master degree with a substantial thesis.
- However, other evidence of research ability may be considered and could include a thesis as part of an international undergraduate degree; relevant refereed publications; research awards; or research experience.
- CRICOS code: 075373F
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.