About the programme
A broad outlook and exposure to first-class facilities are vital for young researchers who want to make their mark in the world of contemporary biomedicine. Providing students with exactly these sorts of opportunities is the goal of the Dual Master’s in Medical Science offered at the University of Tsukuba.
This relatively new venture is operated by the University of Tsukuba in collaboration with three overseas universities; two in Vietnam — Vietnam National University and the University of Medicine and Pharmacy — and the National Taiwan University. The premise behind the program is to offer students the chance to study abroad and focus their skills in the study of medical sciences, earning degrees from two institutions.
The dual master’s program requires students to study for a minimum of 30 credits. For students from outside Japan, this typically involves earning 10 credits in their own country over the course of a year and 20 credits across two years at the University of Tsukuba. Students at Tsukuba will acquire a master’s degree either in science or in pharmacy in Vietnam or Taiwan.
The course is taught in English and covers a wide range of topics including clinical medicine, medical physics, cancer care and community medicine. This variety allows students to focus on an aspect of medical science that suits them, and encourages them to become fully fledged professionals — either working as highly skilled specialists, or as researchers and educators with the aim of improving medical care around the world.
- Bioethics in medical research and practice
- Global Issues and Global society: Infection, Health & Medical Issue
- Medical Science Seminar I : Brain Science Seminar
- Medical Science Seminar II : Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Medical Science Seminar VII : Seminar of Clinical Study
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general qualifications required for admission into the graduate programs of our university are as follows. For applicants falling under the conditions marked with *, there will be an examination in order to verify the qualification prior to the general submission of applications. In the case of applications that fall under conditions marked with ? , such an examination may be required.
- For further information concerning the details of the admission examination, please contact the Department of Educational Promotion, Division of Educational Promotion (for night courses, please contact the Academic Service Office for Business Sciences).
International3730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3730 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3730 EUR per year during 24 months.
¥535,800 / year
Living costs for Tsukuba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.