The main focus of the course, Electronic Warfare in relation to communications systems, assumes a good understanding of these systems before considering how to defend them from electronic attack or intercept.
The course is delivered via lectures, laboratory demonstrations and tutorials.
The teaching of the modules is reinforced by visits to relevant outside organisations which are scheduled outside of teaching periods.
Successful graduates of this course should be fully equipped for roles in defence intelligence, systems development and acquisition, involving the specification and analysis of such systems, working individually or as part of a team either in the military or in the defence industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electromagnetic Propagation and Devices
- Signal Processing, Statistics and Analysis
- MES-CP - Communications Principles
- Communications Systems
- Information Networks
- This PgCert has been designed for officers of the Armed Forces and for scientists and technical officers in government defence establishments and the defence industry.
- Graduates achieve a high level of understanding and detailed knowledge of military communications and sensor systems with particular regard to electronic warfare.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 886 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (usually electronics, electrical engineering or physics). Alternatively, a lesser qualification with relevant professional experience may be acceptable.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13600 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13600 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Swindon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Future Finance Student Loans
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.