These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognised with the label of human heritage by UNESCO, and with a long tradition on wine, producing speciality wines, such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet wines. The training programme is clearly multi-disciplinary and also multisectorial.
The European Master on Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) programme is aimed at preparing broadly trained and highly adaptable and qualified professionals in the tourism and wine industries in order to promote innovative wine tourism developments which will generate added value through the increased income and recognition of this sector. The programme offered by Universitat Rovira i Virgili covers the absence of a new profession that requires multi-disciplinary and multi-sectorial knowledge and training, while increasing their understanding of wine making and tourism management. High-quality practical training in entrepreneurship and company management is provided by involving the students in internships in the non-academic sector.
The programme is structured in 120 ECTS divided in two years and 4 semesters. The first 3 semesters are taught each in one University (URV, UB and finally UP), and the last semester is devoted to the final internship which is developed in one of the associated partners' facilities, mostly from the non-academic sector. Thus, students have a common track of 90 ECTS, and a final professional Internship for the development of the Master Thesis of 30 ECTS, where students have to develop a project related to the skills acquired.
The teaching programme includes modules on Wine Tourism and Marketing, Wine Making (mostly focused on sparkling, aged, sweet and fortified wines), Wine heritage, and three different types of internships (on winemaking, marketing, and oenotourism), with the active participation of the non-academic partners in the student training.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV, Spain)
Université de Bordeaux (UB, France)
Universidade do Porto (UP, Portugal)
Graduates may be eligible for positions in the following areas:
- Private sector: creation of start-ups and business initiatives taking wine as a tourist attraction and tourism as a means for promoting wine and wine regions; management of the international activity of private firms from the wine industry in relation to their marketing strategy and development of wine tourism activities; specialised consultancy in the design and development of new strategies for increasing the competitiveness of the wine sector.
- Public administration: positions in public organisations responsible of the planning, management and promotion of wine tourism products at local, national and international level.
- Research and teaching: participation and leadership of multidiscipliary research teams in the fields of oenology and tourism, either in public or private research organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing of Tourism and Wine
- Leisure and Wine Tourism
- Wine Heritage and Tourism
- Sparkling Wine Production
- Wine Appellations knowledge, Food matching and Service, Tasting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applicants Erasmus Mundus scholarships: From 14 November 2019 to 6 February 2020.
- Self-funded applicants: From 12 March 2020 to 29 April 2020.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Tourism & Leisure View 28 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students must have a completed university bachelor or master's degree/s (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Social Sciences (e.g. Tourism, Economics, Business Management/Administration, Marketing); Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology/Viticulture, Agronomic/Agricultural Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology); or Humanities (e.g. Languages, International Relations), or closely related subjects.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.