What you'll study
Study Intellectual Property Law at Queen Mary University of London to a high level on this reputable LLM. Get practical insight of the day-to-day business of being a patent attorney/litigator while developing a strong understanding of the academic knowledge needed to apply the law.
Intellectual property law has become an interdisciplinary field comprised of law, engineering, medical science, economics, and numerous other fields. The Intellectual Property LLM explores the foundations of this area of law with relation to patents, trademarks, agricultural and medical biotechnology, copyright and related rights and more.
You will be part of a truly international cohort, with fellow students attending from over 80 countries across the world. You will work with academics and professionals with experiences from different jurisdictions, enriching your class discussions and debates.
You will also get the chance to apply for a 12-month paid traineeship at the OHIM or EPO under the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship programme. This invaluable opportunity could help you get a foot in the door of the competitive world of IP through valuable on-the-job, multicultural professional work experience.
You will need to complete 180 credits in total.
Full year programme:
- 180 credits of taught modules (this can include a 30 credits elective dissertation)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal Law, Media and Culture
- International and Comparative Copyright Law
- Licensing Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property and Fashion: Art and Culture
- International and Comparative Law of Unfair Competition
- Global Intellectual Property Law
- Interactive Entertainment Law
- The Law of Film
- Intellectual Property Law in China
- Trade Secrets
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 367 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Law or a degree with substantial law content.
- Law graduates with a 2:2 honours degree who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
- Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree, that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) recognised by the UK professional bodies, may also qualify. Non-law graduates may also be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience (of at least five years) in a legal area or an area directly related to their programme of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-Time (The course fee is charged per annum for 2 years)
- UK: £8,650
- International: £13,150
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.