This area is increasingly important due to the emergence of new markets, trans-border merger and acquisition activity and the convergence of trade, finance and global corporate governance.
- Attend a range of events, including the 'New Voices in Commercial Law Seminar Series', 'CCLS Open lectures: Ethics in Business and Finance'
- Gain access to the School of Law Corporate Law Lecture Series
- Your fellow students will come from the UK and more than 80 other countries, each able to draw on prior academic and professional experience from different jurisdictions
What you'll study
Modules for the Commercial and Corporate Law LLM at Queen Mary University of London deal with the global and regional regulation of international trade, structuring and managing international business transactions, and the economic foundations of trade and corporate law. Please note that not all modules will be available in any one year.
You will be offered a varied selection of taught modules from which you can choose, enabling you to gear your qualification to set you on your desired career trajectory. You do not have to choose your modules until you have had the opportunity to learn about them in greater detail during your comprehensive induction period.
You will have voluntary access to an excellent series of lectures in Critical Thinking and Writing in Law to help you to improve your writing and research in law skills.
You will need to complete 180 credits in total.
Full year programme:
- 180 credits of taught modules (this can include a 30 credits elective dissertation)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regulation of Financial Markets
- Banking Law International
- Law and Ethics in Business and Finance
- Elements of Islamic Law (Not running 2021-22)
- Company Law: Foundational and Constiutional Issues
- Corporate Governance: Foundational and Theoretical
- Animal Law, Welfare and Trade
- Animal Law, Media and Culture
- Transnational Law and Governance Applied
- Chinese Business Law
- Multinational Enterprises: Business and Legal Organisation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 352 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Law or a degree with substantial law content.
- Law graduates with a 2:2 honours degree who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
- Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree, that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) recognised by the UK professional bodies, may also qualify. Non-law graduates may also be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience (of at least five years) in a legal area or an area directly related to their programme of study.
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-Time (The course fee is charged per annum for 2 years)
- UK: £8,250
- International: £12,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.