Although the traditional principles of bona fide journalism have changed very little throughout the years, its physical logistics – how we gather, deliver, and consume information – have changed and expanded a great deal.
Coursework ranges from concepts used in digital newsroom management and multimedia reporting to legal and ethical aspects of the digital domain. The New Media Journalism (Online) program is offered by Full Sail University .
- Writing for Interactive Media - This course explores both the mechanics of storytelling as well as how journalists convey themes through their writing.
- Research and Investigation Skills Development - This course examines the massive shifts in the media environment and challenges students to re-imagine how they uncover, research, and produce investigative stories in that environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mastery: Personal Development and Leadership
- New Media and Communications
- Writing for Interactive Media
- Legal Aspects of Media
- Research and Investigation Skills Development
- Multimedia Development and Editing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 61 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have a baccalaureate or higher level degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with a transfer academic average of 2.0 (2.5 for Game Design), OR a Full Sail bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (2.5 for Game Design).
- Applicants who meet these criteria will be considered for admission pending an evaluation of a copy of official transcripts. Documentation of high school graduation or GED is not required.
- Degree held must be of similar scope/subject matter as the intended graduate degree program. Students with an undergraduate degree from an unrelated scope or subject matter will be considered for admission upon provision of a Letter of Intent and a professional résumé.
- Some programs may request that applicants with a GPA lower than 2.5 submit a Letter of Intent, résumé and college transcripts for Program Director review.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.