Students work on both academic research papers and problem-oriented policy briefs, using quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Students may choose an area of concentration during the one-year program in Public Policy at Central European University (CEU) . These are:
- Media and Communication
- Higher Education Policy
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The 'Future of Europe': Europeanship Multi-Campus Course (University-wide CIVICA Course)
- Academic Writing for Public Policy Students
- Advanced Impact Evaluation
- Applied Regression Analysis for Public Policy
- Disability and Justice
- Documentary for Social Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 15: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
- US degree credits: 40
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 6 other Masters in Public Policy in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Central European University (CEU) and/or in Austria, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 1. Academic Writing Submission(s)
- 2. Letters of Recommendation
- 3. Academic Records
- 4. Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- 5. Proof of English Proficiency
- 6. Standard Test Scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.)
- 7. Completed CEU Application Form
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Generous scholarships are available to accepted students from any country
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.