The Women's and Gender Studies (GEMMA) program at Central European University (CEU) provides high quality academic and professional competencies for students wanting to conduct further research or intending to work in the areas of women’s studies, gender studies and equal opportunities. Citizens of the European Union and non-EU countries may apply.
GEMMA Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Women's and Gender Studies is a postgraduate program that consists of two years of study (120 ECTS) at two chosen universities out of the seven prestigious European universities that participate in the GEMMA Consortium.
- Program registered by the New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- Program accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC)
- Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- University of Granada, Spain (Coordinator)
- University of Bologna, Italy
- Central European University, Vienna, Austria
- University of Lodz, Poland
- University of Oviedo, Spain
- University of Utrecht, the Netherlands
- University of York, United Kingdom
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 15: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 4 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application via the University of Granada (Spain): https://masteres.ugr.es/gemma/pages/inscripcion
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Academic records
- Statement of purpose
- Some knowledge of gender or feminist scholarship
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
If you decide to participate in GEMMA without the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, the tuition fees are currently 2,100 € for European students and 5,500 € for Third Country students, per academic year.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.
In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.